Saturday, June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012 - Columbia, South Carolina


542

Should I try to stop this trip, knowing what I do? This is where it begins, in the torch lit night of the swamps. Lisa falls through the crack into an alternate universe’s 1880s. She takes up the name Elizabeth, leading to all the events which brought about my creation.

If it doesn’t happen, if Lisa doesn’t fall through the crack… that’d be a pretty big paradox. Not sure what would happen to me. Not sure what would happen to this universe. The whole thing might poof out of existence or something.

Do I risk that? If I stop this, everything could collapse. But if I don’t, I’ll… I’ll….

I shouldn’t be thinking these kinds of things. I know what we are. I know how weird it is that I’m feeling this way toward her. But… she’s all I have. I’ve had lovers across the centuries, but she’s the only person who really knows me. She’s seen me with my defenses down, with all the bravado gone and my weakness plain, and she still hasn’t rejected me. Is there anyone else, in all of time, who would do that?

And so what if we are the same person? Are we really the same person? Maybe we once were, but all the years have changed me so much. She’s good and kind, and I’m… I’m not. I’m nothing like that. Hell, we don’t even have the same body!

You know what? I don’t care. The whole universe can go straight to hell. I won’t let her be taken from me. I can’t lose her too. I’ll stop this.

I-330

No comments:

Post a Comment