Yet
another post written from a hospital. Although this time, it’s being written
from the waiting room, not inside the hospital itself.
This
morning… it seemed like a regular day. Got up, went running, had breakfast, and
was preparing to look through the property records of that abandoned church
when a bright flash of light came from outside. I opened my door to see what
was going on. And when I did, 330 fell across the threshold into my arms.
God,
there was blood everywhere. Her
clothes had been soaked red, with more blood spurting from the dozens of wounds
all over her body. Her hair was matted over the empty hole where her right eye
would be, and her left arm ended in a jagged stump just below the elbow, with
the bone clearly visible. There were burns, cut, bite marks, bruises…. What
kind of hell had she gone through?
I
called for an ambulance immediately. 330 was unconscious, so I laid her across
my couch. Tried to stop the bleeding as best I could, but there weren’t enough
bandages in my home for everything. So I just helplessly sat by her side,
holding her hand and wishing the ambulance could arrive faster. She briefly
woke up during the wait, but I don’t think she understood where she was. She
thrashed on the couch, screaming until she passed out again.
Finally,
the ambulance arrived and took her to the ER. Now I’m just waiting here, typing
away until I get the news that she’ll be okay.
….
Please please please let them say she’ll be okay.
-Lisa
Lisa. Calm down. 330 CAN'T die, not when she definitely died back in April. You can't die more than once. If she died now, it would cause a paradox. Pull yourself together.
ReplyDeleteBut the thing about her arm is interesting. Specifically, the fact that it is her LEFT arm. I'll let you figure that one out though.