This
has been a really weird awakening.
I
mean, how often do you open your eyes, and your first thought is, “I can see
time.” Not very often, let me tell you.
How
can I even describe the feeling? Looking at the world, and not just seeing the
physical appearance, but seeing the lines of time running through it all.
Everything connected, changing, constantly in motion…. It’s as if I’ve been
colorblind all my life, and suddenly can see the entire spectrum. And now I’m
trying to explain all these colors to other colorblind people.
The
second surprise came when I started looking around. Last I remembered, I was
trapped in the year 1889, being murdered by a faceless monster in a cave. When
I woke up, I was in a modern (er… early 21st century modern) room,
lying in a bed. And next to my bed, asleep in her chair, was… me. I was sitting
next to my bedside.
That…
was a bit of a shock. Took some time for me to calm down my breathing and get
ahold of myself again. I had a sinking feeling of déjà vu in my chest. Quickly
got out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Of course I knew where it was; I
remembered this room quite clearly.
What
do you do when you look into the mirror and the face you see isn’t your own?
I
did recognize the face. How could I forget it? Even without the scars or eye
patch, I knew who it was. I-330. But… I was the one wearing I-330’s face. And
sitting in the next room….
It’s
not a trick. I remember this happening. Thing is, I remember it from the other
perspective. I remember, I was inside the CIA research facility, trying to stop
Lupine from summoning the Slender Man. But instead of the Slender Man, I-330
was the one the ritual brought-
Looking
back on it, of course the ritual couldn’t summon the Slender Man. A
pan-universal creature like the Slender Man would require no assistance in
coming to our universe. All it would need to do would be to isolate a
divergence point, and then shift through the timelines until it arrived. This
is, of course, assuming that it wasn’t already in our universe, for while there
can only be one instance of the Slender Man across the multiverse, it can still
utilize branching timelines to its advantage, allowing itself to exist within
multiple universes simultaneously while still retaining its singularity.
I
have no idea what I just said. More to the point, I have no idea how I know any
of the things I just said. My brain feels like someone stuffed several
textbooks into it. Quantum physics? Why do I suddenly know about quantum
physics?
Back
on topic. When I was still Lisa, I remember finding I-330 after the ritual
ended. Nearly didn’t recognize her; she had none of the scars or injuries I
knew her for. Didn’t even have her trademark suit and long coat outfit (didn’t
have any clothes at all when she appeared.) She looked… clean, pure, as if
she’d just arrived in the world (and now those feelings I had when I saw her
feel real weird because I was talking about myself.)
I
then rented an apartment, and took care of her for several days. All she did
was sleep, occasionally turning or mumbling meaningless syllables. Wanted to
call the authorities, but I couldn’t for the life of me think of a believable
story to tell them. So I just stayed by her side, until one day I woke up and
found she’d left.
Only
now I learn that when I was taking care of I-330, I was actually taking care of
myself. It’s a weird feeling, really. Finding out that I am my badass time
traveling girlfriend has certainly put a lot of my life into a new light.
There’s a lot of memories I’m looking back at and thinking, “I did WHAT with
myself?”
Reading
the post Antevorta put up before me has filled in some of the holes, though
it’s also left dozens more questions. Lisa won’t be able to see that post, or
this one. I should know; when I was her, I couldn’t see these posts. Whatever
filter decides what people can and can’t read on this blog seems to not want
her finding out those spoilers too early.
Right
now I just want to get out of here. Find someplace isolated and really, really
rethink my life, going through the several hundred existential questions I’m
having to sort in my head. Stay the hell away from me… from Lisa… whatever, at
least until I stop feeling like puking whenever I look back on our
“relationship.” (Question: Does it count as incest or masturbation? I’ve been
puzzling over that for a while now and can’t seem to figure out which would be
worse….)
Though
on the plus side… time travel. I know I-330 could do it, and since I’m
apparently I-330, no reason I can’t. These strings of time I see everywhere
now... they look like I could reach out and grab them. There’s a tingling
whisper in the back of my mind, telling me I can do it. Just touch them, and
pull myself along the lines to anywhere I want to go.
I
can think of a few places that might be interesting to visit.
Wish
me luck.
I-330
1
No comments:
Post a Comment