Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recovery

I will confess. This reunion with 330 has not been the romantic wonderland I fantasized about. Not that I was really expecting one, but a girl can dream, right?

She’s having a hard time adapting to her condition. Losing an eye’s destroyed her depth perception, so she’s always having to walk carefully lest she misjudge some distance and trip. Not to mention the frequent moments when she forgets she’s missing half an arm (moments usually accompanied by the crash of something hitting the floor after she tried passing it over to a hand that’s no longer there.) She’s trying to hide her frustration, but she’s not one for emotional subtlety. Whenever any of her injuries gets in her way, I swear she looks as though she’s about to smash everything. Least she keeps a lid on it all, but I hate seeing her like this….

On an unrelated topic, I think I may have finally found a breakthrough in my research on the church. It took a while to trace ownership of the land back through all the proxies and front names, but I’ve finally found the man behind it: Jacob Olmstead. Head of the Innsmouth Reconstruction Foundation, aka the Esoteric Order of Dagon. Knew he would have some kind of connection, especially since we found a statue in his office exactly like the one from the church.

Not sure what to do with this breakthrough yet. Olmstead disappeared after the botched FBI raid on Innsmouth, so finding him won’t be easy. But at least now I’ve got something.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment