Friday, March 15, 2013

Status Report

Dr. Aaron Mile’s report on Entity-361, aka I-330

***


Containment on I-330 remains secure. She still speaks about plans to escape, but these plans appear to be entirely in jest, and she has not made any serious escape attempts since the day she first woke up. Because of this and a consistently cooperative behavior, her security level has been decreased to Beta-2. She is allowed to walk through certain parts of the facility, so long as she is escorted and her hands are bound with custom designed cuffs bearing defensive sigils to prevent her from teleporting.

Since last week’s report, I-330 has requested:
-3 bottles of wine (Granted)
-2 ballpoint pens, black (Granted)
-1 bottle of vodka (Granted)
-A world history textbook (Denied)
-5 bottles of scotch (Granted)
-A picture of Agent Alex Flint’s husband, so she will “know what she’s competing with.” (Denied)
-A copy of Fyodor Dostoyevsky’s The Brothers Karamazov (Granted)
-2 bottles of whiskey (Granted)
- “Four beautiful young men and women, a bottle of whipped cream, dental floss, and a spatula” (Denied)
- “Anything with an internet connection” (Denied, this is the fourth time she has requested this)
-1 bottle of absinthe (Granted)
-A copy of Harry Turtledove’s Guns of the South (Denied, said author does not appear to exist in this universe)
-A spoon “strong enough to shovel an escape tunnel through these walls” (Denied)
-The complete works of J.R.R. Tolkein (Granted)


Medical tests continue to claim she is completely human, in spite of observed evidence to the contrary. We are still unable to gather any results on her left arm. We have abandoned trying to take samples from the arm, and instead have begun testing the arm itself. However, this has not achieved any new breakthroughs, as all our equipment consistently claims that her left arm does not exist.

Her eye has remained blue since we moved her to the containment suite, and we have not seen any of the belligerent behavior that marked her initial awakening. On the contrary, I-330 has shown herself to be extremely cooperative, and even eager to assist in any way she can. While unfamiliar with many localized or minor Entities, she has extensive knowledge of all Fear-Class Entities, which she has been willing to share when interviewed. What few tests we have been able to perform have all confirmed the validity of her knowledge. She also has displayed knowledge of procedure for containment and cleanup of several incidents under our jurisdiction, which she claims is due to experience leading government agencies in her universe. If she continues to act cooperatively, I may recommend further decreasing her security status to Alpha-3, and allow her to work with our field agents on a limited trial basis.

Attempts to learn of her origin have had limited success. Thus far we have been unable to find objective evidence regarding her history, and must continue to rely on her own statements. Given her obvious knowledge and experience, combined with the lack of any records on her, it is very possible that she really is from a parallel universe. However, the details of that universe are sparse. Her description of the “Scoobies” seems similar enough to our own universe’s government agencies to be grounded in fact, but her claims that she was a billionaire princess destined to inherit 3/4s of Europe are likely exaggeration. And the claim that America would elect a cowboy actor for president is simply ridiculous.

Overall, her status remains unchanged, and observation will continue as usual.

However, if I may note some concerns. I know this isn’t part of the standard checklist for these reports, but something about her is a little off. I don’t know how to put it into quantifiable terms, but ever so often I’m reminded of why, in spite of the medical evidence, we’re having a hard time believing she’s human. In the entire past week, I think we only recorded her sleeping a total of 10 hours, and judging by the thrashing she was doing during that sleep, it wasn’t the best of rest. Plus, I don’t think it’s possible for anything to drink as much alcohol as she has and still have a liver. And there’s something about the way she talks that makes it easy to obey her. At first I assumed it was just natural charisma, but continued observation has made me question that. People just like her, and worse, obey her, too readily. We’ve tried assigning guards who are noted for their emotional detachment and professionalism, but within a few days even they treat her with deference and friendliness. I don’t believe she’s fully aware of her effect on others, but something’s there. But whenever I try to think on it too hard, it feels like my brain is slipping, and I can’t focus. The only way I can remind myself that she isn’t some carefree party girl is by regularly rewatching security footage of her escape attempt. I recommend a significant increase in observation, and keeping several guards who are not in contact with her in reserve in case of another escape.

Dr. Miles


***

The last paragraph was deleted by Dr. Miles before he sent in his report.

No comments:

Post a Comment