I spent the past few days debating what I should do. Should I tell the Eldritch Department about what I’ve been seeing? Should I try to escape again and fix it on my own? Maybe a third solution would appear?
In the end, I went with the first. Rumors started to circulate through the facility about things disappearing. People, objects, one time an entire building, all across the world, vanishing without a trace. The Department was debating what the cause could be, but it was clear to me. The next time Dr. Miles came to interview me, I came clean with what I’d been seeing happen to time.
I was worried he wouldn’t believe me, but maybe the seriousness of my tone convinced him I wasn’t joking this time. The Department knew about the Quiet as an abstract, but they’d never had to deal with it spreading so quickly in their universe before. Although, um, I might have left out the part about me being the one who caused it to spread here in the first place.
Miles said he’d take what I’d said to his superiors. Hopefully they’ll listen. In the meantime, I’m going to try and figure out if it’s possible to put a universe back together after it’s been destroyed by nothingness….
No comments:
Post a Comment