Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cracks in Time

This… this isn’t good. Not good at all.

I woke up this morning, and the first thing I noticed was that there were fewer timelines around me than I remembered. Which was impossible. If anything, the number of timelines should be increasing. That’s how they work: they’re constantly branching into new, parallel timelines. But this morning, there were somehow less than I remember seeing the day before.

In order to confirm what I was seeing, I spent the entire day watching the timelines. Probably confused the people watching me, since it’s likely the longest I’ve sat still since my containment. But I didn’t want any distractions. And sure enough, as I watched, I saw timelines disappear. It was slow, and only a few vanished during the entire day, which made me wonder how long this has been going on. If only a handful of timelines have been disappearing each day, I wouldn’t necessarily notice it until a large number were already gone.

But for me, the worst part was how they were disappearing. Cracks of nothingness would spread along them, and then the timeline would shatter to pieces. It was exactly the same as what had happened at the Center of the multiverse. Which means… I think this might be my fault.

I’m trying to decide if I should tell anyone here. I’m not sure how I would tell them. “Hey guys, I haven’t mentioned this until now, but I can kinda see time and it’s vanishing.” After all the tall tales I’ve been telling, I’m not sure whether or not they’d believe me on this. But I need to figure out something. I can’t just sit here and watch it disappearing like that….

No comments:

Post a Comment