Thursday, May 3, 2012

Allies


Lucy was pretty shocked to find me at her door. Doubt she expected that I’d remembered the address she’d been told to go to. I need help to stop Lupine, and Lucy’s the only person I know who’s involved with this who isn’t dead/impossible for me to find quickly. Since the address was also in Maine, it didn’t take long to find it. Ended up being a suburban home by Augusta. A man, who I’m presuming is the Colton who Matthew mentioned in his instruction to Lucy, answered the door. When I told him who I was looking for, he went inside, and brought her to meet me.

Her first question was to ask where 330 was. That… wasn’t a fun question to answer. I’m not sure if she really believed me when I said 330 had been killed. Especially since I also had to explain that she was also alive due to time shenanigans, then I had to explain 330 being a time traveler…. I thought that last claim was going to get me nothing but disbelief, but instead she just looked thoughtful for a moment, and then said, “Actually, that explains a lot.”

I then asked for help in stopping Lupine, only to find out that she was already working on it. This whole time I’ve been moping, Lucy’s been hard at work. (Or at least she was hard at work earlier; the whole day I was with her she was on the computer, saying something like “Prototype 2 just came out, I’ll get back to work once I’m done with it!” Whatever that means.) She’s been doing the metaphorical equivalent of screaming at her superiors in the supernatural sections of the FIB with a megaphone that they needed to do something about Lupine. They’re responded with bureaucratic slowness, but Lucy says that, compared to how they usually act, this is lightning paced. “If someone in this field decides to go rogue, it’s not something that can be ignored. Especially when that someone is the man leading the entirety of all Fear and eldritch related CIA activity. The only reason he’s gotten away with it for so long is because everyone’s so secretive that we never know what anyone else is doing. If not for me, my bosses in Washington would still be thinking the reason all our people in Chicago were killed was because of the Wooden Girl.”

“How could they assume that? Lupine blew up an entire floor of a hotel!”

“It wouldn’t have been the first time a Fear’s done something dramatic. I’ve read about a few times where they did like burn down a hospital or massacre a village, but it’s really rare.”

Well that’s cheerful. But if her superiors are willing to listen to her, and plan to act against Lupine….

“I’m being called up to Washington in a few days.” She said. “It’s taken them a while due to security risks, but they’re ready for me to give a debriefing of what happened. They’ll, um, probably want you as well. Since you were also there. If that’s okay with you, I mean.”

Of course it was. I went to Lucy expecting to get a single person on my side, and instead I learn that I might have the whole FBI helping me. I’m not going to turn that opportunity down. If they need my help, they’re getting it.

Which means that, in the next few days, I’ll be going to Washington D.C. to talk to very important people and oh god that’s actually a lot more intimidating now that I’m thinking about it. Well, can’t back out now….

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment