Tuesday, May 22, 2012


… It’s gone. My home. It’s… gone.

After Lucy’s death, I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, my plans had been ruined, my friends were dead… I tried running home. Like a rabbit scurrying back to the burrow to avoid hunters. Wasn’t thinking clearly, just wanted to get away.

When I arrived at the house, the fire had already reached the second floor. By the time the fire crews arrived, most of it was gone. Police suspect the cause to be arson, but they’ve got no leads that I know of.

I probably should have felt sad or something, but I didn’t. I felt… free. For years, that house was a prison for me. After my parents died, I was thrown into it by my relatives, who made it clear they didn’t want me getting into any more trouble. Now it’s gone. There’s no more physical chains holding me to my old life.

Course only now as I write this do I realize that all my books were destroyed in the fire and that’s terrible, but I’m trying to enjoy this happy moment while I can.

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment