I
almost hesitate to say this, but… it looks like things might actually be
working out. It seems that going the political route may have been the best
choice. Lucy and I gave our testimony at the committee (Lucy did most of the
talking, which I am thankful for,) and it sounds like they’re going to be
completely cutting Lupine’s funding. Without any money, he can’t support his
organization, and the whole plan falls apart. No need to actually confront him.
However,
until that falling apart actually happens, the FBI still wants to keep me under
their watch. Too much of a risk for me out there on my own.
In
the meantime, Lucy and I have been trading stories. She’s constantly wanting to
know more about 330, and in return, she tells me more about this paranormal
world I’m in. I do have to say, it is kinda nice to be working with someone who
explains things to me instead of just running in headfirst with the assumption
that I’ll catch on.
Some
of the Fears Lucy’s told me about are ones I’ve seen. The Slender Man, the
Rake, the Wooden Girl, the Nightlanders, the Quiet, the Intrusion, and the
Black Dog. Plus the Archangel; Lucy told me that the Archangel’s preferred form
was “a man in a hoody wearing a gas mask,” which explains the identity of the
man back when… you know.
Then
there’s the other Fears I haven’t seen: EAT, the Cold Boy (though I did read
about that one in 330’s post,) the Plague Doctor, the Empty City, the Choir,
the Convocation, the Blind Man, the Dying Man, the Eye, the Manufactured
Newborn, the Smiling Man, the Unnamed Child, The Grotesque, and the Mother of
All Snakes. From how she described them, I hope I continue not to meet them.
I’ll
need to wrap this post up quickly; I’m supposed to be getting ready to leave
for Innsmouth soon. Even if we cut off Lupine’s official funding, he’s still
got his private backers. Which means shutting down the Innsmouth Reconstruction
Foundation. Since I’m the only one with “field experience” dealing with the
Foundation (by which they are referring to me running blindly around a mansion
as I let the time traveler handle most of the hard work,) they’re bringing me
along for the raid on the town. Not in an actual combat role, but in more of an
intelligence and support position. Even if I’m not going to be out in front,
I’m looking forward to it a little. I kinda was starting to miss the adventure.
-Lisa
I'd be careful if I were you, Lisa. These situations are usually unpredictable. Be prepared to defend yourself on a moment's notice.
ReplyDelete