Innsmouth, Massachusetts. Used to be a small fishing town of no importance. Vanished off the map in 1928. Several decades later, in the early 80s, the government completely filled in the bay. The EPA threw a big fit over the whole deal, which is the only reason anyone’s heard of the place these days.
That’s the history lesson. A few years ago some people got together to rebuild the town as part of a heritage project. The man behind the idea was the millionaire, Jacob Olmstead.
Who, according to Matthew, is evil.
The question then is how we’re going to find the connection between him and Lupine.
Olmstead owns a large estate in the rebuilt portions of Innsmouth, which would be the best place for snooping around. The difficulty is going to be getting inside. I assumed that all we needed to do was have 330 teleport in there, grab whatever we needed, and then pop back out. But that, according to 330, wouldn’t be “fun” enough.
She has what she considers a better idea. While looking at the Innsmouth Reconstruction Foundation website, she found that Mr. Olmstead is holding a charity ball at his estate. Now she wants us to sneak into the ball and use that as a chance to go snooping, rather than doing it at a time when there will be less people and security.
And so, without much input on my part, I found myself receiving an invitation to a social event which will be attended by some of the wealthiest historically interested philanthropists in the country. Not sure how 330 managed to get us on the list. I suspect time travel.
It didn’t really hit me what I was getting involved in until 330 showed up with the blue dress.
“I picked this up for you. Thought you’d like to wear it at the ball.”
Didn’t know what to say. It was like something off the celebrity runway. I’ve never owned anything so beautiful. When I tried it on, I couldn’t help but admire it in the mirror. To think, I was actually wearing this….
Didn’t admire for long, because 330 quickly lost the ability to restrain herself and tackled me for cuddling. I’m assuming that means she also likes the dress.
Once she’d been calmed, I got the chance to ask her what she was planning to wear. After seeing my dress, my imagination was getting very creative with all the possibilities. She said she’d show me, and left the room. Moments later, she walked back in. Wearing a tuxedo.
“What.”
“You like it? It’s based on the outfits worn in Doctor Who: Voyage of the Damned.”
“Do you own anything that isn’t based on something David Tennant wore?”
“Well… not really. No.”
Oh well. I guess I can’t complain too much. She does look good in it.
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment