Gotten further into Doctor Who. After watching a few episodes with the second Doctor (who, according to I-330, is actually the 10th Doctor), I realized that the blue suit/long brown coat I-330 wears sometimes is identical to the one the Doctor wears. When I asked her about that, she admitted that she had specifically designed her clothes to be based off the Doctor’s. Guess it’s pretty obvious by now how big a fan she is of the show.
But life isn’t all Doctor Who marathons. Yesterday I went out to buy groceries. Not usually something worth talking about, but that time, I-330 said she wanted to come along to pick up things for her cooking. That wasn’t something I could say no to, so she walked with me to the store.
Or really, I walked to the store, she strode to it. She moved down the sidewalk in a straight line, automatically assuming that everyone would make way for her…. And, surprisingly, they did. Whenever we had to cross an intersection, her usual method was to keep walking forward, glaring down any oncoming traffic as if daring them to try and hit her. I kept thinking that someone was going to get mad at us, but no one shouted or anything. Just moved out of the way, looking almost as surprised as I was to see someone forcing their way down the sidewalk so confidently. She was drawing a lot of attention to herself like that…. I tried to follow in her shadow and avoid it. Don’t know if anyone was looking at me as well, since I had my eyes down for most of the walk…. I hope they weren’t….
Halfway to the store, a car tire blew out down the street. Soon as she heard the bang, I-330 dove to the ground. I just watched, unsure of what she was doing. A few moments later, she looked around, stood back up, brushed off some dirt from her clothes, laughed, and started walking again as though nothing had happened. So…. Yeah?
I-330 didn’t mention that for the rest of the trip, and I didn’t ask. Rest was mostly normal, just picking out food, except when I had to stop I-330 from just walking out the store and remind her we needed to pay for things. She insisted that she pay, which was nice of her…. I’m still not used to actually being able to afford things. She had to force me away from the shelves of ramen and convince me that it was alright, I could buy real food for once.
And…. I think that’s it…. Kind of a pointless update…. Not sure why I wrote it. Talking about what happened during my day like it’s something important. And really, all the interesting stuff that happened were things I-330 did. I just stood in the background and watched….
Might as well post this now, get it over with.
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment