I went to look through the black chest one more time before I put everything in it away for good. Glanced over the diary, reread some of the letters…. There were a few other letters at the very bottom of the chest which I hadn’t touched. Decided I might as well look at them now.
Opened on up…. And could tell something was wrong. The envelope was ancient, showing every sign of being a century old. But inside was a brand new sheet of computer paper. The writing on the paper didn’t look like it had been made with ink…. It was dark red, and looked painted on…. But I don’t think it was paint. The letter said,
I SEE YOU, LISA WELLS
I’M COMING TO GET YOU
YOU CAN’T RUN FROM ME
I’M GOING TO EAT YOU UP
I just…. I mean…. What?
I threw the letter back into the box and ran to my room as soon as I finished reading it. Haven’t left since….
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment