394
Spent too damn long in that Canadian hospital. But that’s to be expected after taking all those injuries in Warsaw. Acquired plenty of new scars. The one along my cheek’s exactly like the one I remember my I-330 having. Guess I’m one step closer to being like her, huh.
Soon as I got out, I went looking for EAT. Had a few choice words I wanted to say to it. Most of them being four letters long.
Found a body possessed by it inside a library. It looked like a regular teenage boy that you could have picked out of any mall, although the massive stack of books it was speeding through looked a little out of place. Slammed the book it was reading shut and shouted, “Did you fucking know that Grendel was going eat the Mother of Snakes?”
A few people glared at me for shouting in the library, but I didn’t care. EAT stared at me for a moment, and then neutrally responded, “Yes.”
“Well why the fuck didn’t you tell me?”
“Would having that knowledge have enabled you to run fast enough to stop him?”
“Well… no, but still!”
“Then that information was irrelevant to your mission.” It reopened its book and resumed reading.
I snarled at the book. “So what? The whole thing was a waste?”
“Not entirely. Or original vision of events did not foresee the Eye and the Black Dog working alongside us. Our goal was not achieved, but it proved the validity of using you to alter the course of events, even if only on a minor scale.”
That placated me. A little. “What do we do next? Any other plans we need to foil?”
“For the time, continue to act on your own initiative. Perhaps investigate the Dreamlands; there are still openings between it and the real world which Grendel could exploit. I am working on convincing more of the Fears to, at the very least, become more proactive in their self preservation. I will contact you when we have more to report.”
Do my own thing, huh? That doesn’t sound too bad. Just need to figure out where I can do the most damage. Maybe I will take up EAT’s advice on the Dreamlands. Haven’t been there in a while.
I-330
No comments:
Post a Comment