125
Ah,
it’s good to be the Queen. I’ve been making good on my promise to drag the
Scoobies kicking and screaming into competency. Their success at the hotel
brought them attention from the government, which has led to them getting
higher priority tasks. And with me acting in an advisory role, they’ve been
incredibly successful at each mission. Which in turn leads to being given more
resources and even bigger tasks.
As
it stands, the Scoobies are poised to become the de facto leaders of the CIA’s
anti-paranormal work. Even the SMSC is doing pretty good for themselves; while
they didn’t get quite the publicity the Scoobies did, they’ve been rising up in
the hierarchy since the incident. I hear they’ve even been having some work
dealing with the Fears themselves.
Most
importantly of all, I’m having a huge success getting “Scoobies” accepted as
the name for Para-Universal Beings Defense Agency. Jacob was resistant at
first, but what can I say, I’m a convincing person. He mostly has just been
doing what I say lately. As it should be.
But
the fun and games can’t last forever. Just the other day, we received word of a
Dying Man host within the city. The Scoobies managed to locate and quarantine
the subject, all without my help. Almost brought a tear to my eye: my little
CIA conspiracy, all grown up and responsible. I’ve taken that as a sign for me
to finally let go and resume hunting Grendel.
I’ve
left the Scoobies with the standing order to look for anything they can find on
Grendel or the Esoteric Order of Dagon. Gave a final round of farewells, warned
them to be wary of people named Lupine, Jacob got a goodbye kiss, and I was
off. Back to work.
I-330
No comments:
Post a Comment