I just…. I mean…. Fuck…. Fucking hell….
Thanks for the comment Dia, but no, I am not fucking okay….
Did what 330 told me to do. Went to my room, locked the door, eventually I got tired and went to sleep. Spent a while tossing around, still couldn’t get the questions I needed to ask 330, or her prior actions, out of my head, but eventually I drifted off.
Woke up to the sound of the front door being torn open, followed by what sounded like really loud firecrackers going off.
Panicked, didn’t know what was going on, but did what 330 told me to. Didn’t leave my room.
Could hear men screaming outside my door. Some in anger, some in pain. Listened for 330, but couldn’t hear any sign of her. Until… I heard her scream… like some wordless cry of rage…. Followed by a loud boom, and a blue light which shone through the crack under my door.
Heard something tapping against my window. Started out as a regular beat, then grew faster until it sounded like a hailstorm being pelted against my window. I didn’t want to look, but couldn’t stop my legs from standing up, and walking over to the window, where I opened the blinds….
Then suddenly I’m outside, lying on the grass behind Peter’s house, pinned down by 330. I was struggling against her… don’t know why. Stopped when I realized what I was doing.
Once I’d stopped fighting, 330… and I think this caught me more off guard than anything else which had happened to me so far… pulled me off the ground and hugged me. I don’t think I’ve even been hugged since I was, I dunno, six or something? Had no idea what I was supposed to do…. Am I supposed to hug back? Should I just stand there and do nothing? Are my arms supposed to be at my sides, or what? And I’d never thought of 330 as the hugging sort anyways…. Plus she kept whispering, “Thank god you’re alright.”
Then the temperature just dropped. Never felt it get so cold so quickly before. 330 pulled away from me, hands clutching her head. When she spoke, it was through gritted teeth.
“Run.”
I just stood there. Still lost, still desperately trying to catch up with what was happening to me.
“Run!” The wind picked up into a roar as if to underscore the word. My legs started to move before my brain fully registered the command. Ran towards Peter’s house; didn’t look back.
As I got closer to the house, four people came out. Didn’t recognize any of them…. All four were wearing some kind of military looking uniform. When they saw me… one shouted something like, “That’s one of them!”, and ran towards me. Two of them grabbed me by the arms; when I tried to fight back, they punched me in the gut. That stopped my resistance pretty fast… they started to drag me to a car parked by the house. The howling wind was only getting louder, sounding as vicious as a hurricane. One of the men pulled out a pistol and turned back the way we’d come from, while the rest kept pulling me along. Barely, I could hear the sound of two shots, then a scream….
They threw me into the back seat of the car; one got in the back with me, the other two sat in the front. Soon as the doors were shut, the engine was turned on and the car peeled down the street. Now that I was sitting in a car and no one appeared to be planning to hit me again, I could actually look at my kidnappers. The one in the back with me was, surprisingly enough, a woman, with short blond hair. Kept glaring at me. The man driving was a huge guy, muscles everywhere, with a shaved head. Guy in the passenger seat looked the youngest…. He kept twirling a knife around, and I really didn’t like the way he was leering at me….
Didn’t say anything while they drove down out of the neighborhood, and down some forested back roads. Couldn’t have, even if I wanted to. The other three talked for a short time during the drive; most of it I don’t remember, except for this part:
“This is only the second person. Weren’t we supposed to get all three?” That was the woman sitting next to me.
The driver laughed once; sounded almost like a cough. “You want to go back and try to face her again? If the boss had wanted us to kill her, he should have warned us she was some kind of god damn monster before he sent us in. If we’re lucky, the tall guy will kill her for us and we can go back to safer jobs, like fucking bare handed piranha fishing.”
The drive lasted… I don’t know, maybe half an hour? A lot of that had been spent bumping along a dirt road. Trees were thick enough I could barely see the moon, so the only light was from the car. Upon stopping, everyone got out, pulling me with them. The driver… I think he might have been the leader… lit a deer path with a flashlight, and started to walk down it. The other two kept behind me, making sure I followed him.
I wasn’t exactly wearing the right clothes for back trail hiking. Didn’t even have shoes on. A rock cut the bottom of my foot, and I nearly fell. Knife guy caught me and pushed me forward, but walking was hard with an injury like that. Only made it a few more steps when I fell again.
“We’re far enough in,” The leader said, “We’ll just carry the body the rest of the way.”
Soon as I heard those words, everything started to move so slowly. He reached down to the holster on his hip, and wrapped his fingers around the pistol’s handle. Pulled it out, and pointed it at my head. I couldn’t move. Could only look at the gun, not fully accepting what I was seeing. He tightened his finger on the trigger….
Then everything sped back up. 330 leapt out of the shadows, and pushed the man’s arm away right as he fired, causing the bullet to go wild. She had a bloody knife in her hand, which she used to slash the man’s throat open. The other two cursed, but 330 had vanished back into the shadows before either could react. Then she was behind the knife guy; he tried to turn around, but she broke the knife out of his grasp, and stabbed him through the chest with it. The blond woman had pulled out a pistol of her own and fired it towards 330, but it passed harmlessly through the darkness. Suddenly 330 was in front of her, and stabbed her through the eye.
It had only taken a few seconds before all three were dead. 330 tossed the knife aside, walked over to where I was lying, and offered a blood soaked hand…. At which point I fainted. Too much for me to take.
I awoke briefly, finding myself in the passenger seat of a car 330 was driving, with her coat placed over me like a blanket. I think I asked her some questions, and she might have replied, but I don’t remember any of it. Wasn’t long before I was out again.
That time, when I woke up, it was inside a motel room. My foot had been bandaged, and the sun was coming in through the windows. 330 was sitting beside the bed I was in. Asked her why we weren’t at Peter’s house.
“The people who attacked us burned it down.”
But…. Then what happened to Peter?
“They killed him.”
…. But…. I mean…. Fuck, he can’t be dead….. What the hell happened last night?
No comments:
Post a Comment