Earlier today, I… confronted 330… about this whole thing. After what had happened last night…. Those people were trying to kill me. Like they killed Peter…. I told 330 that I didn’t want to have anything to do with whatever she had going on. I just wanted to return to my life back home, where I could curl up away from the world and be alone, not have to deal with things like this….
She told me I couldn’t leave. That it was too late. Actually got a bit mad at her for saying that, and just walked out the door. She couldn’t tell me whether or not I could leave.
330 followed me out of the motel into the street. No cars out there. Or people. Didn’t think about it at the time; I wanted to go home too badly to think about anything else. 330 kept trying to convince me not to leave, but I ignored her; until she shouted at me to get back inside “Right now!”
Surprise caused me to stop. Then the anger came back, even greater now that she was so directly ordering me. Demanded to know why I should listen to her.
In response, she pointed across the street.
Someone was standing there. Hadn’t noticed them before. A tall man, wearing a business suit. Nothing which would explain 330’s behavior.
Then he was in front of me. There had been no movement in between; he was standing across the street, and then he was standing only a few feet away from me.
Except it wasn’t a he….
It was so tall…. That was my first thought. It towered over me; my head only just reached the bottom of the black tie in its suit. It had to lean its head down to look at me, but… there was no face on that head. The head was smooth, featureless, like polished ivory. It moved a long, thin arm towards me, reaching for my face. No fingers at the end of the arm, just black tendrils which stretched towards me, branching towards me…. Couldn’t look away from that blank head. Couldn’t move at all, not even to blink. The tip of one of its tendrils briefly brushed past my forehead. It burned, as if someone was holding an open flame to my skin. Couldn’t even scream in pain.
Then… it pulled away. The arm went back to its side. And without any warning, it was gone.
For the first time, I realized 330 was standing in front of me. I’d been so focused on that thing, I hadn’t even realized she was between us…. Neither of us said anything. Don’t think I could have just then. She led me back inside, and I curled back under the bed covers for the next few hours.
-Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment