Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So we might have kinda started a fire that burned down everything for several acres around us. But on the bright side, the Intrusion is no longer blocking the bridge across the Mississippi! What’s left of the bridge! The parts that weren’t damaged in the fire!

Hey, we managed to get all our cars across before the thing collapsed, so I’m still counting this as a win.

I’ve kept the sword from that guy with the hoodie. Honestly, my arm’s probably a better tool for fighting, but it feels good to have a tangible weapon to hold onto. Now I just need to find a motorcycle, and I’ll be the happiest girl in post-apocalytia.

Been explaining as much as we can about the Fears to Lucas and his group. We’re trying to stick with necessary survival information, but it’s hard to tell what’s going to be necessary. There’s no way to predict which Fear we’ll encounter next, or how they’ll attack us. So far we’ve been lucky, and haven’t had any major encounters since the Intrusion. The biggest issue has been with the cracks in space. Out in the countryside, far away from the big cities, there aren’t any Towers to stop their growth. More than once we’ve had to take long detours because everything for miles was gone.

Even so, at the rate we’re going, we’ll reach Fort Worth soon. And then… well, I don’t know what then. I just need to focus on keeping the people around me alive. If I can do that, maybe I’ll finally be able to start looking at my reflection again without feeling so disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment