Friday, August 10, 2012


This binder….

This beautiful, beautiful binder….

I believe JACKPOT MOTHERFUCKERS is the appropriate response.

This thing has everything. Grendel has been building up dozens of cults across the U.S. dedicated to his old gods. And all their activity in the early 1980s has been carefully recorded in the binder. I have names. Addresses. Meeting times. Everything.

The transcripts of interrogations are particularly interesting. Jacob didn’t lie; the cultists are boasting about the rituals Grendel had them doing. Their confidence seems to stem from the claims that there’s “Nothing any of you can do to stop us from succeeding!” Gee, where have I heard that line before? I think it was from some government guy with a silly name who I last saw being ripped to pieces by the Slender Man.

Well let’s their confidence put that to the test.

Most of what they talk about is a place called the “Dreamlands,” which they claim is a realm partially constructed by the collective human subconscious. It was part of the old gods’ kingdom, prior to the Fears. And now the cultists are trying to reclaim the place, sending their members in as preliminary scouting.

That definitely sounds interesting. So I went back to Miskatonic (what little was left from after the fire,) and searched through the books they’d saved until I found one which talked about the Dreamlands. The journal of Randolph Carter, a man who seems to have spent many of his nights journeying through the Dreamlands. Looks like a promising avenue of research.

I-330

No comments:

Post a Comment