Monday, December 19, 2011

Nightmares

Couldn’t sleep last night. Lot on my mind.

It was something like, 3, maybe 4, in the morning when I thought I heard a scream from 330’s room. This was the first time... ever, I think, that she had gone to sleep before me. I’d always been sound asleep by the time she left the living room, and she was always up before me; sometimes I had to really wonder if she ever actually slept in the room I’d given her.

When I went out into the hallway, I could see light coming from under her door. No more screams, but I could hear what sounded like muffled words from inside. Slowly, I pushed the door open, and peeked inside.

330 was still in bed, but tossing and turning constantly. Occasionally she’d murmur some quiet words, or a short scream. Looked like a bad dream…. I whispered her name, and while she didn’t wake up, she calmed down. Stopped turning, and looked to be peacefully sleeping. Almost looked… kinda cute, even in spite of the eye patch and the scars.

She’d left the lights on before going to bed, so I flicked it off before leaving. The instant the lights went out, 330 really screamed. Next moment, still in the dark, I felt someone grab my throat and lift me into the air while squeezing the breath out of me. Lights came on, letting me see: 330 was holding my neck with her bandaged arm, while he right hand had turned on the lights. I’d talked about 330 being angry before, but…. Nothing, nothing compared to the rage which was etched into her face at that moment.

I think it took her a moment to realize who I was; when she did, she immediately let go of me. Heard her apologizing, over and over. I… didn’t stay to talk about it. Just ran back to my room as soon as I could stand again.

What happened there?
At least I now know not to try to turn off the lights while she’s sleeping….

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment