You know, I was actually starting to like this blog. Writing about Elizabeth on it was an escape from this life, into something much more exciting. Whenever I read the journal, and as I transcribed onto the blog, I always imagined myself as Elizabeth…. Like I was in a world where I was someone who could stand up for themselves, who lived with excitement and who met amazing people, instead of being a pathetic girl who can’t even make herself go outside. I was almost able to make myself forget the strangeness at this blog’s start. There hadn’t been any new posts from anyone else in a while, so I’d assumed that whoever had first made this blog had given up on it. It was starting to feel like it really was my blog, instead of something handed to me by a stranger for some reason.
Then…. Those last two posts happened. And…. A new person was added. Most of the posts before mine started were like something out of a novel. Some strange fantasy world with monsters and lots of running. I might have enjoyed reading them if not for the circumstances around this blog. But that post by “Grendel”? I…. I don’t know what to do with that. It’s creepy beyond anything else I’ve seen here so far….
I don’t want anything more to do with this. I locked up and put the black box back in the attic. No more stories about Elizabeth Wells. No more reading about darkness chasing people through impossible libraries. Just me, going back to my life of hiding under the covers and never talking to anyone. Once I post this and close my browser window, I’ll be through with this blog and everything relating to it. I really, really mean it this time.
Might just be for the best. While I really enjoyed reading Elizabeth's exploits, it might be safer for you to stop.
ReplyDeleteThen again it's also completely possible that it's already too late and you're already in deep shit.