Friday, August 2, 2013

The Garden of Desolation

So. A desert. A really really big desert. After the freakiness of the last place, this is a little boring. You’ve seen one sand dune, you’ve seen them all.

The lack of any landmarks makes it difficult to be certain, but this place feels familiar. It reminds me of the desert I saw in my dream when I spoke with the Mother of Snakes. But now that the Mother’s dead, it would be hard to confirm if they’re the same place.

Not really sure what to do here. I suppose I could start walking, but I wouldn’t know where I’m walking to. Beats standing here and doing nothing, though.


***

I think it’s been three hours since I last wrote. Yeah, I’m gonna go with three hours.

Still no sign of anything. Walking in this place is horrible. The heat never stops beating down on me; I’ve discarded my trench coat and suit jacket, but that hasn’t helped even slightly. There’s no shade, and judging by the lack of a sun, I doubt there’ll be any night. Nothing but a lot of sand and that stupid heat.


***

I’m thirsty. I’m genuinely thirsty. I have felt this since… well, since I was… human. I’d almost forgotten what the sensation was like. But something but something about this place makes my throat feel parched, and has me craving for a drink. No chance of finding a water fountain here, though.


***

Wasn’t that long ago I thought that I wanted to get the chance to pause and reflect on what I’m doing. Now I’ve got the chance, and I wish I had something else to do instead.

What the hell was I thinking? How did we think I could beat the Slender Man? Everything I’ve done, I’ve fucked up. The only things I ever seem to succeed at is controlling the damage of my mistakes, and even that I screw up.

Maybe it’s for the best that I’m lost here. I can’t ruin anything here.


***

Now I’m hungry. That’s a feeling I definitely didn’t miss. Why the hell is this happening? What kind of place is this?

***

I’m going to fucking murder whichever Fear this desert belongs to. If it’s the Mother of Snakes I will fucking find a way to bring her back from the dead so I can stab her in the god damn face over and over until her head is nothing but a bloody mess!

Who do these Fears think I am? They think they can toy with me? I. Will. Kill them. Every last one.


***

Thought I saw Lisa in the distance. Considering I’m not an idiot, I realized it was just a mirage caused by the heat and this feeling of dehydration, and that I shouldn’t waste my time with it.

Of course, I had to be safe, so I checked anyway.

I was right. It was a mirage.


***

I fucking hate sand.

***

Yeah 330, let’s just go on a magical journey to rip the fabric of the multiverse apart! I can’t see how that could possibly backfire and end up in us being trapped forever inside a magical desert world!

I was better off back when I just focused on fighting Grendel.

Or maybe not, because his whole plan relied on me ripping apart the multiverse. So really the best course of action I could have taken would have been to stay in bed. Forever.


***

Wasn’t the Slender Man hunting me or something? I wish he’d show up. Then he could just kill me.

Or maybe I’d kill him. I wonder if he bleeds?
God I’m thirsty.


***

Okay. We can get through this, 330. We just need to… need to figure out how to extract moisture from the air. Yeah. Genius idea, 330. That’s totally something that is doable. Can’t be too hard.

Fucking hell I don’t even know what I’m writing anymore.


***


Looks like a lake up ahead. Probably another mirage. Going to go check it out, because why the hell not.

No comments:

Post a Comment