Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weird

This part…. Is kinda weird. Well…. Weirder than most of Elizabeth’s adventures (which are more exciting and occasionally wacky than weird). I don’t really know what happened, but two days after the last entry I posted, she wrote this:



It found me here. Course it found me here. It always finds its prey, no matter where we hide.

Just a regular day, nothing unusual, until I look down the street and see it standing at the far end. Far away, I could barely see anything except for a pale white head and black clothes, but I could recognize it. Once you’ve seen it, once you know what it is, you can never mistake it. You Never forget that feeling when you look at it, looking at something terrible, something wrong.

Can’t keep playing around like this. Need to find out how to get out of here as soon as possible.



After that, she started keeping a record of every hour. I… I don’t know what she’s talking about…. She almost sounds scared…. Her handwriting’s usually neat and very legible, but I could barely understand what she was writing here. Almost as though her hand had been shaking the entire time.
Then there are some of these from her hourly entries…. Several of them are just her routine day, occasionally complaining about having to rely on the church bell to keep track of hours, so I’ll skip to the ones which caught my attention.



5:00 PM-6:00 PM
Saw it standing outside the door of Samuel’s. Just standing right there, like it was waiting for me to come out. Didn’t pay any mind to the other customers. Didn’t even look at them. That head was fixed on me, following every movement I made. Went upstairs to my room, but it was there, right outside my window, looking in. Back down to the bar; at least there’s people there. Don’t have to be alone while I’m under its gaze.

Spent the rest of the hour chatting with Samuel. Trying to keep my mind of things.



Then the next day….



4:00 AM-5:00 AM
Woke up early. Not sure why. Looked out the window and saw it was gone. Went outside to check. Couldn’t see it anywhere. Turned around to go back inside, and there it was, between me and the door. Unmoving, for a moment. Then it leaned forward, looming over me. Tried not to flinch. Told myself I had to be brave. Wasn’t very convincing. Its arms started to reach for me, while it lowered its head, slowly coming down until it was just a breath away from my face….

I turned and ran. Didn’t look where I was going. Eyes were closed, trying to keep tears back. Couldn’t face it on my own.

It didn’t follow me. Bit of a relief, that. Hid in a stable for the rest of the hour. Didn’t see it again.



What’s this “it” she keeps talking about? I thought it might be a person, because she said it had a face and arms, but then she said it was watching her through her window…. And her room’s upstairs….

I don’t understand anything that’s happening here. One day she was talking happily about some crazy adventure, then suddenly…. This. I don’t know…. But I’m going to keep reading. Maybe I’ll find something out.

-Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Grendel- I had a similar experience with seeing him peering through a window on the second floor.

    Until Next Time.
    Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grendel? I.... Um.... I think you want one of the other people signed onto this blog.... I try not to get involved with them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever- My apologies. I seemed to have gotten a little confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something about this seems...familiar.

    -Jekyll

    ReplyDelete