Tuesday, June 21, 1983

June 21, 1983-Yucatan Peninsula

990

I take back what I said about deserts. I’m fine with deserts. Deserts and I are cool now.

All my hatred is now focused on fucking jungles.

Barely had a chance to let my arm recover when I got word of a Mayan stone tablet which contained information necessary for my plan. But due to some ridiculous architectural features on the temple it was hidden in, the tablet was only accessible on the summer solstice. Luckily getting places at a certain time isn’t a problem for me.

What is a problem is the geography surrounding the place. I’d never imagined, after all those god damn living nightmares I’d gone through in woods, that I could ever bring myself to hate trees more than I did before. Then there was the pyramid itself..... I almost don't want to talk about it. I am beginning to get tired of this shit. No originality. A secret panel opened when the sun hit just the right spot on the pyramid, I went down into ancient caverns untouched by any mortal creatures for centuries, and had to fight a bunch of things with more eyes than feet and more feet than arms. Did manage to nab the tablet, and pull myself out of the place.

But from now on, unless absolutely necessary, I am staying the hell away from jungles.

On a positive note, if what I've translated from this tablet is correct, I only need one more item to complete my plan.... But acquiring it requires traveling further than I’ve ever gone before.

I-330

No comments:

Post a Comment